DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Sept. 10, 2021 – The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Foundation announced today the LPGA Virtual Scramble, a scramble fundraiser with the goal of bringing the golf community together to empower and inspire more girls and women through the game of golf.
In 2020, the inaugural LPGA Virtual Scramble was held during a time when traveling and gathering to play tournament golf proved very challenging due to COVID-19. Over $56,000 was raised by 1,200 players who participated in the LPGA Amateurs Virtual Scramble, LPGA Professionals Virtual Pro-Am and Girls Golf “Drive On for the Future” Scramble, without ever having to leave their hometowns.
The 2021 LPGA Virtual Scramble will be held from Sept. 10 to Sept. 26. There are three different divisions to choose from:
- Virtual Pro-Am presented by LPGA Professionals
- 4-person scramble at any Par 72 course.
- Grab your favorite LPGA Professional to play! Teams will consist of 1 LPGA Professional and 3 amateurs.
- $50 donation per amateur – Professional’s entry is complimentary with a paid team
- Drive On for the Future Virtual Scramble
- 2-person scramble at any 9 or 18-hole course
- One adult and one junior (under 18)
- $50 per adult – junior golfers are included with a $50 donation for their accompanying adult
Multiple prizes will be awarded based on Gross and Net scores, as well as a few fun contests. Participants will also receive LPGA partner offers/discounts throughout the tournament.
More importantly, donations will empower the LPGA in its continued journey toward changing the face of golf by providing opportunities for girls and women. All proceeds go to various LPGA Foundation initiatives including the Renee Powell Fund, the Phyllis G. Meekins Scholarship and the Women on Par Scholarship.
The Renee Powell Grant is awarded through the LPGA Foundation and the LPGA Renee Powell Fund. The objective of the Renee Powell Grant is to provide need-based grants to LPGA*USGA Girls Golf programs that are inclusive of Black communities as part of their initiatives. The grants will provide access, instruction, equipment and additional expenses required to be introduced to the game of golf and stay engaged with the sport. Through this effort, the LPGA Foundation will further its commitment to creating an engaging, safe, inclusive and diverse environment to empower, inspire and transform the lives of all women and girls through the game of golf.
The Phyllis G. Meekins Scholarship is granted annually through The LPGA Foundation and the Phyllis G. Meekins Scholarship Fund. Established in 2006, the objective of the Phyllis G. Meekins Scholarship is to provide a need-based scholarship to a female high school senior from a recognized minority background who will be pursuing a full-time course of study and playing collegiate golf at an accredited college or university in the United States.
The LPGA Amateurs Women on Par Scholarship was established in 2007 by the EWGA Foundation (now the LPGA Amateur Golf Association) to provide financial assistance to “non-traditional” female students. These scholarships are intended for women, aged 30 and older, who are attending a college or university for the first time or returning to school after an absence to complete their technical/vocational, Associate, or bachelor’s degree. The scholarships are designed to help these women get “on par,” or get an equal footing, with their peers, friends, and other women who have had a chance to complete their college education. Since its inception, the scholarship program has helped over 25 women realize their dreams of obtaining their degrees.
How can you help?
- Visit https://bit.ly/LPGAVirtualScramble21 to register, donate, and learn more
- Post photos on social media and use the hashtag #LPGAVirtualScramble to be featured on LPGA channels
- Join the conversation on social media by sharing your own experience and encouraging others to Drive On for the Future. Click HERE for a social toolkit
- Play in style with your own #HoodieForGolf as we change the face of golf. Click HERE to get the famous cotton-candy tie-dyed hoodie
If you are not able to play, you can still support the Drive On for the Future campaign by making a gift to the LPGA Foundation.