The Dormie Network and the LPGA Women’s Network show you how to prepare chef-inspired meals and drinks based on some of golf’s most iconic championships.
This week, we cheer on Team USA in this year’s Solheim Cup with a Walleye and Arnaud’s French 75.
2lbs Walleye filet, cut into 4oz portions
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 1/3 cup Dark Beer
1 ½ t. Salt
1 t. Old Bay
½ t. Black Pepper
Malt Vinegar Powder
- Pre-heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl. Stir in egg, then whisk in beer until batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Pat walleye filets dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip filets in beer batter and slowly drop into hot oil.
- Let fry until golden brown.
- Remove filets onto cooling rack.
- Dust with malt vinegar powder, salt and pepper.
1lb Red Bliss Potatoes, cut into wedges
Old Bay Seasoning
¼ cup Butter, diced
Fresh Thyme, picked
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place potatoes in large bowl.
- Add olive oil and seasonings.
- Toss in bowl to coat evenly.
- Place potatoes onto foil-wrapped baking sheet.
- Cover with foil.
- Place in oven 15-18min.
- Uncover and add knobs of butter.
- Continue to cook uncovered for another 5-8min or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- Re-season with salt and pepper.
Arnaud’s French 75
1 ¼ oz Courvoisier VS
¼ oz Lemon
¼ oz Simple Syrup
Finish with Moet Imperial Brut
Rim the champagne glass with a lime and dip in sugar. Begin with 1 ¼ oz Courvoisier VS. Add ¼ oz fresh squeezed lemon, ¼ oz simple syrup and finish with Moet Imperial Brut. Garnish with a lemon peel.